UK Spouse Visa . As a married couple you can travel with your spouse. This spouse visa is for married persons not singles.
This is to allow British nationals and permanent residents to bring their spouses who reside outside the country back to the UK. You must be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, a UK permanent resident, or a UK refugee to apply for a marriage visa and enter the UK.
The key requirements for eligibility include demonstrating your sincere relationship status and meeting certain financial requirements.
Full Requirement for UK spouse visa
- You and your partner must both be 18 or older to apply as a partner.
- The person you wish to join must be a British citizen.
- The UK must recognize your marriage or civil partnership.
- Two years must have passed between you and your partner before applying.
- If you are engaged, you must provide evidence that you will wed within six months.
- The UK-residing partner must fulfil the financial criterion.
- The candidate must be proficient in English.
- The previous marriage or civil partnership has ended.
- A decent place to live for you, your spouse, and any dependents is a requirement.
However, You must demonstrate that you and your spouse make a combined annual income of at least £18,600 if you are bringing them to the UK. A pre-tax salary of £22,400 is needed to achieve the financial criteria if you have one dependent child. The sponsor will require an additional £2,400 for each additional child for any more children.
Your UK Spouse Visa application will be more likely to be approved and won’t take as long if you have all the necessary supporting documentation.
The required documents are
- A receipt for the spouse visa fees.
- The original certificate of marriage or civil partnership.
- A document attesting to the fact that you and your partner have lived together for at least the last two years.
- A valid passport is required to obtain a visa to enter the UK.
- A certified copy of your ability to speak English.
- Evidence of accommodations.
- Criminal history disclosure form.
- If applicable, your national insurance number.
- If you are applying from outside the UK, the nationality and date of birth of your parents.
- Your whole name.
- Your birth date.
- Information on earlier immigration applications, if any.
- 2 colour photographs the size of a passport.
What is the cost of a UK Spouse Visa application?
Any application submitted from abroad must currently pay a charge of £1,523, according to the Home Office. The price drops to £1,033 if you submit your application form within the UK.
What is the timeframe for appealing a Spouse Visa?
The appeals procedure could take a while. A decision on an appeal against a refusal of a spouse visa may not be made for several months, if not longer, for some applicants.
Can I work while on a spouse visa?
When the visa is approved, you are permitted to work and/or study in the UK.
Can a UK Spouse Visa be extended or renewed?
As long as your present leave to remain hasn’t expired, you can renew and extend your Marriage Visa for another two years and six months. You can seek for settled status after five years in the UK (ILR).
Thanks for reading! Hope this article helped. Feel free to ask your question about anything and we get back to you quickly, use the comment section for your question.
All Right Reserved
We don’t permit copying our content with express permission. Take note that all content published on comvidfy.com is for information purpose only.