Does Michigan offer scholarships?
Michigan is full of opportunities for students who are interested in pursuing their dreams. Whether your dream is to study abroad, become a veterinarian, or climb the corporate ladder, there are scholarships out there that can help cover tuition costs and provide financial aid. With oodles of scholarships available in the state, you’ll have no trouble finding the one that’s right for you.
Scholarships in Michigan are available to students who have been accepted into an accredited institution of higher learning. Many students often can get a free ride to their dream college or university through a scholarship if they have financial needs. If a student is not aware of scholarships in Michigan and how to obtain them, then they are doing themselves irreparable damage financially.
Are you a Michigan resident? The application deadline for scholarships in Michigan is fast approaching, so if you found an award that you would like to apply for, think about applying now. In addition, be aware of the application deadlines and read the eligibility requirements before applying to make sure that the award is actually going to fit your situation.
Although the deadline may be short, the search for scholarships doesn’t have to be. Our list of scholarships in Michigan can help you find some of the most current scholarships for which you could qualify now.
Each year, thousands of Michigan students make use of scholarships to put themselves through college and other post-secondary institutions, and these should be used to make higher education an affordable option for anyone willing to do the work.
List of fully-funded scholarships in Michigan
Michigan is one of the most prestigious states in America. It is a great place to grow and find a job. This state has a lot to offer for people that want to start their lives here. The weather here is not that hard, salaries are generous and housing is affordable! If you’re thinking about moving to Michigan, find out what scholarship might you qualify for right now!
1. University of Michigan financial aid scholarship
The U Michigan provides scholarships to make college experiences more affordable for everyone. Their scholarship program category is designed to accommodate; undergraduates and graduates who are seeking scholarship opportunities at U-M.
To select your scholarship category at the University of Michigan, see application procedure and eligibility, visit the official Financial Aid website for U-M.[button color=”primary” size=”big” link=”https://finaid.umich.edu/types-aid/scholarships” icon=”” target=”true” nofollow=”true”]Apply Now[/button]
2. Joshua Esch Mitchell Aviation Scholarship
3. Junior League of Saginaw Valley Scholarship
4. Michigan Society of Professional Engineers Scholarships
The Michigan Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE) encourages high school seniors with talent and commitment to pursue an engineering degree. MSPE offers scholarships to students pursuing an engineering degree at an ABET-accredited college or university in Michigan.
The scholarships are funded by the past and current generosity of individuals, leading companies, and educational institutions. All scholarships are based on merit and are to be used toward tuition. Applicants must meet minimum criteria to qualify.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Be currently accepted in an engineering degree program at a Michigan ABET-accredited college or university. Scholarship awards are contingent upon acceptance for admission and an intent to earn a degree in engineering and enter the practice of engineering after graduation. Computer Science is not considered an accepted engineering major.
- Be a high school senior, a resident of Michigan, and a U.S. Citizen at the time of application.
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 scale, for the sophomore (10th grade) and junior (11th grade) years in high school.
- Submit a list of current classes being taken as a senior (12th grade).
- Provide an official high school transcript and SAT test score.
- Write and submit an essay (typewritten, min. 11 point font) of 250 words on “How I was influenced to pursue an engineering career.”
- Complete an application for free student membership in MSPE/NSPE.
- All applications must be submitted online. You will receive a confirmation when we receive your application.
5. Horizons-Michigan Scholarship
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a woman.
- Be a resident of Michigan.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college, either full-time or part-time.
- Be a graduate or undergraduate who has attained at least junior-level status (60 credits).
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense.
- Demonstrate educational expenses.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
For more information on how to apply, visit the official website of Horizons Michigan Scholarship.