Scholarships in Kansas are provided to help students attain an adequate level of education and be able to build a brighter future together.
JCCC happens to be one among the eligible schools and colleges awarding the newly approved Kansas Promise scholarship Act program to qualified students of JCCC.
This is an exchange scholarship that you accept to live and work in Kansas after completing your course of study.
Promise Scholarship Eligibility
Candidates must be Kansas residents enrolled in over six credit hours in an accreditated program. The following are also criteria to consider.
- Fresh Kansas High School Graduate, not more than 12 months ago.
- Must be 21 years or older and have lived in Kansas for over three consecutive years.
- A dependent child of a military servicemember permanently posted in another state and a high school graduate (or equivalent) from any out-of-state secondary school within the last 12 months
Also, your household income must get up to the specified guidelines.
How to Apply for JCCC Kansas Promise Scholarship Act Application
To apply for consideration into the Kansas Promise scholarship through JCCC, you must first be accepted for Promise scholarship consideration.
- Visit the JCCC Application for Admission page.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Log in to your JCCC Scholarship Portal to know your eligibility for also other scholarship programs.
- After your completion of the JCCC Scholarship Application, if you meet the initial eligibility criteria, the Kansas Promise Scholarship Application will appear in “My Tasks” area on your dashboard, complete the application.
- Finalize your paperwork through the office of the JCCC Financial Aid Coordinator.
Kansas Promise Scholarship act JCCC Application Criteria.
- Full-time or part-time enrollment into the eligible program.
- You will maintain satisfactory academic progress post the award completion.
- Programs are to be completed within the duration of 30 months.