Kansas Promise Scholarship Act Cowley County Community College

Full-time students enrolling at Cowley county community college for the first time may be eligible for a Kansas Promise Scholarship from the state of Kansas.

The Kansas Promise scholarship program is a great opportunity for financially diverse students in Cowley county to be able to return or begin their college careers. This scholarship award will be presented annually to eligible students between the ages of 17 and 25 that are making satisfactory academic progress toward their degree or certificate of achievement at Cowley County Community College.

The State of Kansas, through Cowley County Community College, offers a scholarship that may be used at any state community college or technical school. The Kansas Promise Scholarship provides two years of tuition assistance to Kansan students who plan to earn a degree or certificate.

The State Of Kansas Promise Scholarship Act Through Cowley County Community College Application Steps

  1. Fill out the Cowley College Admissions Application Form online.
  2. Fill out the FAFSA form with 001902 as Cowley Federal School Code.
  3. Complete Kansas Promise Scholarship Application form.
  4. Return the application form in step three to the Cowley Financial Aid office via email (financialaid@cowley.edu)
  5. Keep track of your approval status. The Cowley Financial Aid office will contact you regarding the status of your application.

Accreditated Cowley Program Categories

  • Advanced Manufacturing & Construction/Building Trades
  • Early Childhood Education & Development
  • Healthcare – Physical & Mental Health
  • Information Technology & Security Programs
  • Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security Programs

See the complete list of programs offered by the Cowley County Community College here.

Kansas Promise Scholarship Act Cowley County Community College Scholarship Eligibility Guidelines

  • Must be enrolled in six (6) or more credits hours.
  • Live and work in Kansas for at least 2 years post-completion.
  • Kansas resident from an accredited Kansas public, private school, or Kansas homeschool in the prior 12 months. Or;
  • Be at least 21 years of age or older and have been a Kansas resident for at least 3 consecutive years. Or;
  • Dependent of a military service member permanently stationed in another state and who, within the preceding 12-months, graduated from any out-of-state secondary school or obtained a high school equivalency certificate.

Leave a Comment