DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 provides full funding for international students. Scholarships are available to study at top German universities for masters or Ph.D. For graduates, DAAD scholarships cover 850 euros a month, and for doctoral candidates, 1,200 euros.
An expert network that is connected to international partners is crucial to the sustainable development of a country. A better future with less poverty, more education, and better health are only possible with them. The DAAD supports the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or master’s degree at a German university, and in exceptional cases, to pursue a doctoral degree, and to obtain a postgraduate or doctoral diploma in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship For International Students in Germany
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Dependant on the study program chosen, between 12 and 36 months.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The following benefits are provided by the DAAD Scholarships 2022 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
- Graduates receive 850 euros per month, while doctoral candidates receive 1,200 euros.
- Assist with travel expenses, unless these are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Coverage for health insurance, accident insurance, and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
Scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits in certain circumstances:
- Subsidy for monthly rent.
- Contributions towards tuition fees charged by the university (maximum € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2022
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- English is the language of instruction for international programs. English language certificates are usually required, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Other programs are taught in German. German language certificates are usually required, such as DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Professional experience of at least two years is required.
- It is expected that candidates will take on social responsibility and initiate and support changes in their personal and professional environments after their training.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022?
Interested applicants should follow the steps below to apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD in Germany:
Documents required for DAAD Scholarship application :
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personalized Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program (s), maximum of two pages) with the current date.
Applicants applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum of three courses) must submit a motivation letter explaining why they are applying for these specific courses and why that priority is important to them.
- A letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp; it also must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope).
- Proof of two years relevant working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- IELTS or TOEFL (Note: the institution’s TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for German courses
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if needed)
- Academic transcripts, including grades, etc. (certified translation if needed)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are required to submit an APS Certificate along with their application.
Please note that some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please refer to the course descriptions in the brochure and on the websites. Complete applications must be submitted in English or German.
DAAD Scholarship application selection procedure
- Choose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for a maximum of three courses)
- Apply to universities that offer those courses.
- You should send your complete application (including the above documents) directly to the universities.
- DAAD scholarship candidates are selected by a selection committee.
- DAAD will contact the suggested candidates to upload their complete applications to the DAAD portal. (DAAD will send you the link to the DAAD Portal via email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be notified.
In case you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, you will have to upload the above-mentioned documents (as PDF files) to the DAAD portal!
The official website for DAAD scholarship application program is https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?detail=50076777