The Al Jazeera Fellowship 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Al Jazeera Media Institute (AJMI) provides fellowship programs that give fellows hands-on experience within the Al Jazeera Media Network, intending to encourage studies in media and other areas of journalism (AJMN).
As part of the Al Jazeera Fellowship, journalists and academics will be able to produce a 7,000-word research paper on a topic of their choosing in the area of journalism.
The following traits will be shown by successful applicants for the program:
- Choose to join an AJMN team and get firsthand experience in the workplace.
- Meet with editors, journalists, and other research team members who are vital to their concept.
Phases of the Program
Phase 1 (to be completed remotely): Before continuing to phase 2 of the research project, the researcher will complete and submit a study strategy as well as an introduction to his or her research paper.
Phase 2 (which will be completed at the Al Jazeera Media Network headquarters): The researcher will continue the research until the organization receives the final submission of the piece.
- Full-time journalists and researchers with a background in the media or social sciences (whether freelancing or employed) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- You must have at least four years of professional experience in journalism or research, with a concentration on the journalistic and/or media sectors.
- Excellent writing and research skills
- English is a second language for you (speaking and writing).
- Candidates must have a strong comprehension of academic writing in English in order to be eligible for the Fellowship.
- The Al Jazeera Fellowship in English requires applicants to be nationals of a country other than an Arab country. Arabic-speaking candidates are urged to apply for their Arabic Fellowship Program.
Process of Selection
A committee will review applications and choose the most eligible candidates based on the relevance of the applicant’s research proposal to the AJMN and the field of journalism in general, as well as the applicant’s compliance with the eligibility requirements.
The committee will be made up of members of the Al Jazeera Media Initiative (AJMI), which includes representatives from Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera English, and Al Jazeera’s Digital Division.
Candidates must provide the following papers in PDF format in addition to the online application form, with the exclusion of video, photos, or other visual assets supplied as work samples. Please submit the following papers in PDF format:
If any of the following items are missing from your application, they will be automatically denied.
- A Curriculum vitae is a kind of resume.
- proposal for a fellowship (must include title, the field of interest, objectives, methodology, abstract).
- A letter of promise signed by both parties.
- Three English-language examples of the applicant’s work.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.