World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program is calling for applications from master’s degree holders, Ph.D. candidates, and recent Ph.D. graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa. The deadline for the submission of applications is February 28, 2022.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Education Global Practice and the Africa Chief Economist Office announce the opening of applications for the 2022 WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program for Master’s degree holders with three to four years of relevant experience, PhD candidates (in their last year of enrollment) or recent graduates (within three years of PhD completion) who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women are highly encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program Details
The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in-country offices to gain hands-on experience in the operations of the WBG. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, the design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Through the fellowship, they aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African changemakers in development, policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Be a Sub-Saharan African national
- Be a master’s degree holder with three to four years of relevant experience; recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program
- Education specialization: Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education (general and TVET), Tertiary education, Education Technology, Education Management, Curriculum and Instructional Design, Evaluation, Education Economics, etc. OR
- Other related fields: Economics, Public Policy, other Human Development or Social sector, STEM and other related areas, etc.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Fluency in other languages such as French or Portuguese is highly desirable
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Young African women who are eligible are encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
Benefits of World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program
WBG-Africa Education Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the WBG’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned education experts in the field of development
- Contribute to the WBG’s overall mission
World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program Selection Criteria
The selection process consists of two phases:
- In the first phase, a shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire to the different Education units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization and business needs of the units. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various Education units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
How to Apply for World Bank Group (WBG)-Africa Education Fellowship Program
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Fill out all the forms in English only. Applications must be submitted by February 28, 2022.